Ministry of Social Services and Development
Administrative Officer V (Information Officer III)
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and upload pertinent documents at www.jobs.bangsamoro.gov.ph and look for the Ministry of Social Services. Online submission of documents should not be later than January 6, 2020.
1. Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017) which can be downloaded at www.csc.gov.ph;
2. Performance rating in the present position for one (1) year (if applicable);
3. Photocopy of certificate of eligibility/rating/license; and
4. Photocopy of Transcript of Records.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to submit online through BARMM Job Portal their application to:
ATTY. RAISSA H. JAJURIE
Ministry of Social Services, BARMM Compound, Cotabato City
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
The Administrative Officer V (Information Officer III ) shall:
1. Exercise administrative supervision over the operations of the Information and Communications Office (IACO);
2. Lead the Ministry in strengthening public information services, social welfare promotions, media relations, social advocacies and campaigns, and linkages with the public sectors and different stakeholders;
3. Monitor and review the response to any complaint received by the Ministry and ensure proper documentation, and for this purpose, coordinate to the proper employee/official working on grievances and complaints;
4. Formulate, implement and execute effective communications advocacy plans and policies to promote social change;
5. Establish linkages with mass media practitioners and propose editorials on social welfare;
6. Write news release, feature articles, position papers on social welfare and drafts manuscripts or correspondence useful for public information purposes;
7. Manage social media platforms of the the Ministry;
8. Supervise the production of information materials of centers and other units;
9. Supervise in the coverage and advocacy needs of special events and regional activities;
10. Design capacity-building activities for field offices and select employees of the regional office such that they are able to conduct activities that would inform the public about social welfare programs of the Ministry;
11. Provide Ministry-wide direction in areas of policy and planning for management information systems, public information and communications, and related functions;
12. Recommend policies related to advocacy, with emphasis on the effective promotion of the Ministry so that it can influence possible policy changes in social services within the region; and
13. Perform such other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.